Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance helps protect companies from the financial effects of a car accident. Depending on the coverage you choose, your commercial auto policy may help cover third-party injuries and property damage after an accident you cause. It may also help pay to repair or replace your company vehicle and help cover medical bills associated with an accident.
Contact ProtectALL Insurance in Dublin, Ohio, today to learn more about your commercial auto insurance options.
How Much Commercial Auto Insurance Do I Need In Ohio?
The state of Ohio requires commercial auto liability coverage. If your company finances or leases vehicles, your lienholder requires full coverage insurance that may include GAP coverage.
If your organization uses vehicles to conduct everyday business, it’s crucial to work with your agent to create a policy tailored to meet your company’s needs.
With proper insurance coverage, your company can avoid much of the financial stress of an accident. Depending on your situation, your insurance agent may recommend the following:
- Liability insurance provides coverage for third-party claims of bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Collision insurance is required if you have a lienholder. It helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object. Your lienholder typically requires collision coverage as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Comprehensive insurance is required if you have a lienholder. It helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft. Your lienholder typically requires comprehensive insurance as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Medical payments coverage is optional in Ohio. It helps pay expenses related to an auto accident for you if you are injured as a passenger. It also provides coverage for your passengers and injured pedestrians.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Umbrella insurance provides additional coverage to help cover bodily injuries and property damage if a liability claim exceeds the limits of your company’s other liability policies.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) provides coverage for your company’s leased, personal and rented vehicles.
- GAP insurance helps cover the “gap” between the amount you owe on your company vehicle and the settlement from your insurance company after an accident that renders the vehicle a total loss.
Does My Personal Auto Insurance Cover Business Use?
No, your personal auto insurance policy won’t typically provide coverage if you are in an accident while using the vehicle for business purposes.
In Ohio, if you use a vehicle primarily for business, you must carry a minimum amount of liability coverage. If you drive a personal vehicle for business use, your agent may recommend HNOA coverage to help protect your company and your property.
How Much Is Commercial Auto Insurance In Ohio?
Insurers use algorithms to set commercial auto insurance rates. They use information about your business, claims history, policy and property to determine how much they’ll charge you for commercial auto insurance coverage. Your agent can help you get personalized quotes from reputable insurers so you can get the appropriate coverage at the best rate.
Contact ProtectALL Insurance today to get a commercial auto insurance policy tailored to meet your company’s needs.