Small Business Insurance in Columbus OH
Business Insurance for Small Businesses Across Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati, Ohio
Some small business owners make the mistake of believing that they don’t need as much insurance as larger businesses. While you may have less physical or monetary assets than a large business, you still face a lot of the same risks while running your small business. Accidents and lawsuits can costs thousands if not millions of dollars in damage and, unlike a huge enterprise, small businesses don’t always have the savings cushion other businesses do.
This is why the insurance professionals at ProtectALL Insurance
work to help each and every small business owner find a policy tailored for their needs. We will help you navigate the sea of online quotes and tools so that you can adjust a business insurance policy to fit your business and your budget.
What Does Insurance Cover for a Small Business?
Small businesses face a lot of risk in multiple areas of operation. Some key insurance coverages you should consider for your small business include:
General liability insurance covers non-professional negligence and accidents that involve bodily injury, property damage or personal and advertising injury. If someone is injured on your business’ property, general liability insurance can cover the victim’s medical bills as well as protect your business from a possible lawsuit resulting from the accident.
Additional liability coverages you may add to your policy includes:
- Products Liability: Products liability covers bodily injury and property damage that may be caused by a product provided by the business.
- Liquor Liability: Liquor liability insurance protects businesses who serve alcohol in case a patron causes bodily injury or property damage to someone else. This is especially useful for restaurants, liquor stores and wineries.
- Professional Liability: Professional liability insurance covers professional negligence that may cause a client to lose money.
- Umbrella Liability: Umbrella liability insurance fills in the gaps left by other liability insurance policies. If your general liability insurance policy reaches its limit for a single claim, for example, umbrella insurance can step in to cover the remaining costs.
Workers compensation covers injuries your employees may suffer on the job. This insurance can cover medical bills, wage replacement, disability expenses and, in extreme cases, death benefits.
If an employee is injured on the job, a workers compensation claim should cover their medical expenses and protect the business against a possible lawsuit. Even businesses with a single employee must carry workers compensation in Ohio.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance covers vehicles owned or used by a business. A full coverage commercial auto insurance policy may include a lot of the same coverages as a personal auto insurance
policy, such as:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damages to the vehicle due to fire, wind, hail, lightning, theft, vandalism and more.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages to the vehicle due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage the driver may cause while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage covers the medical bills of the driver and their passengers after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers accidents involving drivers who are not carrying insurance.
Protect Your Small Business Today
Protect your small business so you can bring your big plans to life. Call ProtectALL Insurance at 1-833-PROTECT or fill out an online quote form to get started today.
Common Small Business Insurance Questions
How Much Small Business Insurance Do I Need?
Every business’ needs are different. You will want a policy geared toward you business’ assets, income and industry, so be sure to speak with an insurance agent about property protecting your business.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost?
The cost of small business insurance varies depending on the location, industry, coverage limits and other factors. Fill out an to see how much you can save on small business insurance.
How Does Small Business Insurance Work?
Small business insurance works similarly to other insurance policies. The business owner can purchase small business insurance through monthly premiums in return for coverage. As long as this coverage is active, the business can file a claim to receive compensation for covered damages.
What Business Insurance is Required by Law?
Workers compensation is one of the few business insurance policies required by Ohio law. Vehicles must also be insured, however, so you may need commercial auto insurance if you own work vehicles.